Friday, March 16, 2012

ILSX SD9 1399

ILSX SD9 1399 was running a small cut of cars down the line this week. The 1399 will be paired up with sister SD9s 1374 and 1384 for use on the sand trains at the new loadout in North Branch. These engines will provide great low speed tractive effort on the heavy unit trains.
This was another Atlas SD9 nose chop job. I had to add the 48" rear fan from another shell and raise the forward 36" dynamic fan per the prototype. The winter hatch, firecracker antenna and air horn are MbE. The lift rings and wipers are Trainworx. The cut levers, grab irons, mu cables and air hoses are BLMA. The decals are from Solidesign. I made the strobe stands from styrene. I'm sending the frame of this unit to Aztec for milling as I would like to add some sound to one of my SD9s.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Karl. The Rush City mod looks great too. I was born in Rush City.

    JSL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it is a work in progress, so you'll have to let me know what you think of it when I get more done.

    ReplyDelete