Wednesday, May 30, 2012

213 on Deck

I usually wait until I finish a project to post all about it, but I do have an interesting one that I've begun. Most of my ILS units are based on prototype engine, even ILSX 201 and 203 were based on SLRG engines that ILS owned, even if they never put their reporting marks on them before selling them. But one of my upcoming engines will be a little more freelanced. ILSX 213 will be my first SD38-2. I am using a Mark4Design long hood and a Kato Early SD40-2 nose to get the look right on a Kato Mid-Production chassis. I have already attached the Miniatures by Eric bell to the long hood. I'm getting excited already!
The prototype for this engine is an ex-DMIR engine that has been residing at Larry's Truck and Electric in McDonald Ohio for the last few years. When done the engine will be painted in DMIR colors and wear mostly DMIR decalling, patched out for ILSX. The SD38-2 will fit right into the roster that is rapidly filling with SD40-2s. This ex-DMIR unit will be a great puller on the Skally line and will help with the all-rail ore trains we are negotiating to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment