Friday, June 1, 2012

ILSX 904

The weekend before Memorial weekend I had a couple hours to go rail fanning. I took my youngest daughter and we had an amazing 2 hours. Her favorite parts was getting waved to and honked at by the friendly engineer of a candy apple red SOO SD60. I shot close to 200 pictures, seeing more than 20 trains with CP (and subsidiaries SOO and DME), UP and BNSF motive power. Besides catching a half dozen different SD40-2s, my prized catch of the day was a simple SW1. ILSX 904 has been working the Malt One Elevator in Minneapolis for as long I can remember. I do believe it was the first ILS engine I ever saw, and I got my best shots of it on this day. The overcast conditions weren't ideal, but it worked, and I am happy about it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice catch! I always like shooting the old industrial locomotives.

    ReplyDelete