Monday, April 1, 2013

The Mainstreeter

The Skally Line is in talks with a local farmers co-op about building a shuttle loading facility. The BNSF will use their power to run the trains to the proposed facility in North Branch.These unit trains will be the G-HINSUP/DUL and X-SUP/DULHIN, known on the Skally as the Mainstreeter (a little nod to the NP heritage of the line). We hope the shuttle service will start early 2014.
I like Earthworms (BNSF Unit Grain Trains), what can I say. I've got the cars and I started collecting the motive power. I have 2 Dash 9's I am detailing right now. The beautiful BNSF ES44DC 7768 came to me as a gift from my friend HK, he did all the detailing for me on this one. All I have to do is paint the trucks, add a little handrail and go (A big thanks to HK for this one!). I already have the Digitrax decoder installed, it just needs to be programmed.
BNSF 9370 is the EMD in my grain power fleet. As I finally was able to secure a Trainworx SD70 detail set, this one will be getting stripped down, detailed, repainted and renumbered. It will probably re-emerge later this year as BNSF 9284, but that isn't set in stone yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment