Friday, December 20, 2013

Happy Holidays!

Sorry I haven't been posting more this month. I just finished a big road trip for work, and now Christmas is upon us. We all know what that means, more time on the road, getting caught up with family and all that jazz.

I have been making progress on some projects. The Hinckley modules are ready for the big show next weekend at the River Center in Saint Paul. You can check out more of the details at: http://stpaultrainshow.com/. Our FreemoN group is looking at a layout about 35 feet by 65 feet. It should give us some decent room to spread our wings.

As an offshoot to the FreemoN group, some fellow modelers and myself are starting a DMIR themed set of modules. Earlier this week we built 10 five foot long modules to get the project going. I'll post more details about that as we progress.

The day after that I helped my friend HK with his 6 foot long FreemoN module that will represent Osceola, WI. We were hoping to have it in next weekends show, but the switches didn't arrive in time to pull it off.

I've been working on another locomotive build article. It is coming along nicely, I'll give you a couple teaser shots:
You'll be seeing more of that one later...

In preparation for the train show I also sat down today and speed matched all my engines. It may seem like a small task, but ti was nice to get the JMRI up and running, and to get that done.

On that note, Happy Holidays to everyone! I hope you all enjoy the season and have safe travels of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment