Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A warm weekend

Over the weekend, I was able to get out and get some photos around St.Paul and Minneapolis. A good time was had. BNSF had plenty of extra SD60s sitting around, including CEFX 6001 and INRD 6011. The rotary plaw set can be seen in the background, waiting for a little more snow.
CP has not had a problem with color lately, this train being led by CEFX AC44CW #1002.
CP also has a WB Oil Can being led by CSX power. I got this shot of CSX SD40-2 #8128 crossing the old Soo Line Bridge over East River Road.
The St.Paul side had plenty going on too. This BNSF manifest was led by BNSF ES44AC #6268, BNSF SD70MAC #9496 and CSX C40-8 #7575.
I caught the #8 (EB) Empire Builder at Short Line Hill and chased them back to the better lighting at the bluff. AMTK P42 #174 leads the train.
But tucked into the consist was AMTK F59 #467, not a usual site on the Builder.
All in all, a fun couple hours out and about. I'm glad I chose those days versus, the -15F I woke up to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment