Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Layout Progress

I've been bouncing between projects, try to get a little done across the board. I'm getting Rush City v3.2 ready for track. I gave it a coat of paint to seal the cork. Then I glues down all the PCB ties for the module ends. Next up is drilling all the holed for feeders, throwbars and so on. This 12 feet of modules will hold over 1 scale mile of track, the SCXY Corp. HQ, SCXY engine house, two grade crossings and the Ardent Flour Mill when they are done.
Up in Hinckley I'm getting ready to install the crossing gates. I picked these up from Azatrax for a good price.
Here is the north end of Rush City v2 getting ready for re-purposing. I pulled out my #10 crossover for use in v3.2. I saved as much track as possible for the new destination.
A short while later the track was pulled and this module became the South end of Hinckley. I grabbed some foam to rough up for the new Hinckley Hwy 61 overpass. I will be installing a #10 switch for the South Hinckley Switch. Then the SCXY interchange track will be in business.
Over on the old South Rush City module (now Rock Creek) I got the cork in and smoothed out the land forms. I need to build the bridge piers, but I am short one #10 RH switch for this module, so it will probably be placed on the back burner until Atlas gets more switches in the U.S..
Well, that's all for now, I'll be posting more layout and locomotive progress soon!

3 comments:

  1. Skally forever, even in Las Vegas. Love to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! I'm trying to get as much done as possible these days.

    ReplyDelete